Apocalypse 2010: The year of earthquakes, oil spills, floods, heat waves and other ecological catastrophes Part 2
Part 3 (the conclusion) will be posted on August 18th. Continued from Part 1
The following is a list of some of the major climate related disasters, and environmental and ecological catastrophes that have overtaken our planet already this year, thus we should ask ourselves, might this be the beginning of the end?
- Food Price Inflation: I have been following the food price inflation in India, and other countries over the past few years. Last year the food prices in India skyrocketed 20%, and there is no let up this year. The majority of people in that supposedly economic miracle of a nation subsist on $2 a day or less. When I was there last winter I was shocked at the price of groceries, and I wondered how the poorest of the poor could even get a subsistence level meal every day. I believe that country is ripe for major food riots; they may come later this year but will surely come next year if the government does not make food available to the masses at prices they can afford. The government of India, like all other governments, is far too beholden to international banking interests such as the IMF and World Bank, and its policies are geared towards maximizing multinational corporate profits, not towards feeding its destitute, malnourished, and possibly soon starving masses. This is true for much of Asia including China, and also applies to most of Africa. Those of us in wealthier countries used to loading up our carts at the grocery stores without paying much mind to the prices of what we buy are in for a rude awakening. Food prices have been rising slowly over the past 3 years in the US and Canada, but I believe they will rise much higher yet! We may want to adjust our eating habits to enjoy more rice and beans rather than meat and potatoes. People don’t believe such things are possible in our nations but I would say that they are highly probable, and possibly as early as the summer / winter of 2011.
- Volcanoes: The Iceland volcano has also slipped under the media radar but I have read that it still keeps rumbling. Its big brother, named Katla has also come alive and could blow its top one of these days, which would make the earlier eruption this year seem like a walk in the park. Rumors, speculations, theories and Hollywood movies abound about the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting one of these days. The Yellowstone explosion was a major storyline in the movie ‘2012’, and in the movie this event was shown as the death knell for the United States, but it would destroy most of Canada too, and would indeed cast a pall over the whole world. The Bible does prophesy that there will a period of time when the sun will withdraw its shining, as will the stars...
- Earthquakes: Let us not forget earthquakes; after the Haiti earthquake in January there have been several major ones worldwide; in Chile, in China, in Iran, in California, in Indonesia, in Japan, and a 7.6 just the other day in Vanuatu that caused a small tsunami. Magnitude 7 earthquakes seem to be coming so frequently this year that they are no longer counted as major ones. Two made for TV movies aired earlier this decade titled 10.5 and Apocalypse 10.5; these movies are really worth watching, along with the movie 2012, for earthquakes are sure to come more frequently and in greater magnitudes, maybe approaching a 10 or 10.5. Interestingly 10.5 Apocalypse portrayed major seismic activity along the New Madrid fault that runs north to south from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico, these quakes literally split the North American continent into two, East and West of the Mississippi. Such a scenario has long been predicted by various people, and may indeed be something we witness one day in the future. I believe it is already happening but we have been too busy being distracted by the MSM circus to pay attention. Jesus gave us the signs, which seem to be coming to pass before our eyes, yet the majority are completely oblivious, when disaster strikes them personally, they will plead ignorance, and in so doing they will reveal that they were truly ignorant, kept amused even as the world was falling apart all around them, like Nero fiddling while Rome burnt.
- Related Ecological Disasters: At the end of June, beginning of July, a report out of Columbus, North Dakota revealed that thousands of fish had died following a heavy rainfall. Here’s a quote from a linked news article on this ecological disaster: The fish in the Short Creek Dam reservoir died after a downpour in the Columbus area late last week. The water has turned dark and smelly, and some shoreline vegetation is black. "It just made me ill. The whole shoreline was pretty much solid with dead fish and it was stinking like a lagoon," Shannon Burau, a member of the Columbus Sportsmen's Club, said Wednesday. "It was just a disaster, a disaster. I've never seen anything like it." A more recent report out of Bolivia points to a much bigger catastrophe of a similar nature. The video below reveals the extent of the catastrophe that is sure to have a major impact on the food supply in Bolivia at the very least, especially amongst the indigenous tribes that dwell in these mountainous regions.
In what feels like an episode of The X – Files, the story of dead fish and other marine life is not an isolated one, as evidenced by the following stories. A picture they say is worth a 1000 words but this photo of a New Jersey beach is worth a million fish.
Wednesday morning, August 11, 2010, millions of dead
peanut bunker fish washed up at Highs Beach on the Delaware Bay
in Middle Township, New Jersey.
- DEP: Delaware Bay scene of major wash-up of dead fish / “Dead creatures of the sea are washing ashore up and down the east coast of the United States as officials scramble to find a cause. Hundreds of thousands of dead fish are washing ashore
- Hundreds of dead sea animals wash ashore in Brazil / “Hundreds of dead sea animals and dead penguins have washed up on the shores of Sao Paulo in Brazil. Scientists are investigating the cause of these deaths. According to the Institute of Environmental and Natural Resources, around 530 penguins, five dolphins and other sea creatures were found on the shores…”
- Thousands of Dead Fish Line Jersey Shore / “Tens of thousands of dead fish are lining the Jersey Shore -- as far as the eye can see -- beginning at High’s Beach along the Delaware Bay in Middle Township Wednesday. “Once you figured out what it was, the smell hit you,” Flavia Scotto of Burlington, N.J. said about the bizarre fish kill…”
The above quoted news stories along with events in the Gulf of Mexico bring to my mind the following scriptures from the book of Revelation.
I am not saying that these events are a complete fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, but I will contend that these are signs that herald the coming of the time when we will see such catastrophes on a truly apocalyptic scale. And I believe that the time of the fulfillment of all prophecies is upon the horizon, the days of men’s hearts failing them for fear as they witness the things coming upon the earth are not that far away (Luke 21:26). Even if they are, it would be wiser to prepare as if they were upon the horizon.
Having compiled a list of climate, environment and ecology related catastrophes already experienced in 2010, I want to relate these problems to the Economic catastrophe facing the entire world. On August 10th the Federal Reserve announced that it needed to engage in more ‘Quantitative Easing’, which is a euphemism for printing money, rather for printing paper, and calling it money. This announcement should really make people’s hairs stand on end because three years into a major economic ‘crisis’, which has seen governments throw more money at it than has probably been spent by the human race in its history, the problem only keeps growing. So either our leaders who control the public purse strings are totally incompetent fools, or they have a completely different agenda than that which is spoon fed to the public. Without going into the complexities of international banking and how money is created, even what constitutes money, let me conclude by stating emphatically that such measures as have already been undertaken by the Fed and other central banks, and the policies they are continuing to pursue can only lead to much higher inflation in the price of essential goods, mainly food and energy. CNN and a lot of other sources are already predicting a dramatic rise in some food prices, as early as this fall.
How convenient it is that governments in the US and Canada do not include the cost of food and energy when they calculate core inflation! Who cares if the price of flat screen TVs or Laptop computers or Armani suits goes up or down; people can survive without luxuries, but a rise in the price of gas or milk or eggs or bread has a direct bearing on the survival of individuals. It may not necessarily be a life or death issue (yet) in America and other wealthy nations, but it certainly is in most of the rest of the world from Latin America to Africa to Asia. I would advise people to learn to eat less, and to eat simpler foods like beans, rice, pasta, and vegetables rather than meat. Not there is anything wrong with eating meat but in times of scarcity, meat will be scarce indeed. Learning how to fish, and even to hunt for those who enjoy meat more than vegetables is not a bad idea. Neither is it a bad idea to learn the basics of gardening, to have a plot of land somewhere to grow some basic produce, and to store up seeds. Empty grocery store shelves are only one major catastrophe away if supply routes have to be closed temporarily or for extended periods of time. Most major cities have only a three day supply of food; just in time inventory systems have made our world, especially the developed world, unlike any previous civilization since the days of Noah. Disasters such as a major earthquake, a major volcano eruption or a nuclear ‘terrorist’ strike would bring untold misery, regionally or even nationally; if nothing happens, we Thank God for it, but if it does, we are prepared.
Real Estate will be an albatross around most people’s necks for the foreseeable future; by my calculations it is wiser to sell houses, and reduce the quantity of goods you possess; if you have to move, you can do so quickly. Start scouting the countryside in your areas now, and if possible move out of big urban centres. Maybe we are reading the signs wrong and nothing will happen but I have a strong feeling that the Titanic is much closer to hitting the iceberg than most people suspect. I would like to close with a reading of Psalm 46.
1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
The days are surely coming that we will witness mountains being carried into the midst of the sea, Jesus prophesied that men’s hearts would fail them for fear for the things that are coming upon the Earth – Luke 21:26 / Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
4There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. 5God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early. 6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. 7The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. 8Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. 9He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
In my 50 plus years on this planet, I have heard every administration since the days of Jimmy Carter promise Peace but all we get is more and bigger wars. Until the Prince of Peace returns and sets up His Government that will be non Republican, non Democratic, Non Green Party, non Tea Party, non Socialist, non Communist, or any other form of human government, there will be no peace on Earth. Isaiah 9:6 / For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 11The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
I thank my God and Father through Jesus Christ, that His mercy endures forever, that even in the midst of trouble He is able to revive us, that He is forever our refuge and strength, in life or in death.
End of Part 2